How to Adapt in an Evolving Industry with Bryan Lapidus, Director of the FP&A Practice at the Association for Financial Professionals
Bryan Lapidus is the Director of the FP&A (Financial Planning and Analysis) Practice at the Association for Financial Professionals (AFP). AFP is a professional society committed to advancing the success of treasury and finance members and their organizations. In addition to his FP&A expertise, Bryan is also skilled in collaboration and leadership, multi-year strategic planning, investment portfolio and business case analysis, and more.
Bryan has over 20 years of experience developing and growing companies and program initiatives at small, mid-market, and large organizations. Before joining AFP, he held strategic and leadership roles at companies such as NASDAQ, American Express, and the Allegiance Advisory Group.
Hereâ€™s a glimpse of what youâ€™ll learn:
- Bryan Lapidusâ€™ transition from studying history as an undergraduate to becoming a leader in the finance industry
- Strategies for adapting to a virtual work environment
- How Bryan and the team at AFP have been pushing finance outside of its traditional boundaries
- The two key skill sets for current financial leaders: project management and intellectual curiosity
- Bryan shares the most effective ways to continue your business development in the evolving world of finance
- The AFP sessions and webinars that Bryan is most excited about
- What technology journey do you need to have in order to move your company forward?
- Bryanâ€™s final words of advice for professionals in the finance industry: be courageous!
In this episodeâ€¦
The finance industry is always evolving, and that has never been more true than during the current COVID-19 pandemic. Companies have had to adjust to new technologies, routines, and forms of communication. But, what will happen in the post-pandemic world? How can you continue to develop your business and keep up with the ever-changing industry?
Bryan Lapidus has been pushing finance outside of its traditional boundaries for 20 years. As a leader in collaboration and strategic planning, Bryan knows how to generate intellectual curiosity, develop personal and team effectiveness, and empower the financial leaders of tomorrow. Now, heâ€™s here to share his strategies for enhancing your business and financial skill sets in 2021 and beyond.
In this episode of Level Up, Nick Araco is joined by Bryan Lapidus, the Director of the FP&A Practice at the Association for Financial Professionals, to discuss how the pandemic has impacted the finance industry and his tips for moving forward. Listen in as Bryan shares the strategies you can use to develop your company, including quantitative discipline, technology implementation, and relationship building. Bryan also reveals some upcoming educational resources for financial and business leaders. Stay tuned.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Nick Araco on LinkedIn
- Bryan Lapidus on LinkedIn
- Association for Financial Professionals (AFP)
- AFP on LinkedIn
- AFPâ€™s webinars
- AFP FinNext Virtual
- Scientific and Precise but Wrong: A Probabilistic Approach to Forecasting
- Greg Wood of AchieveNEXT
- Steven Beshears of AchieveNEXT
- Alan J. Kaplan on Level Up
- Nikki DiCaro on Level Up
- Tracy LaLonde on Level Up
Sponsor for this episode...
This episode is sponsored by AchieveNEXT, subscription-based peer advisory networks for emerging and C-Suite leaders from across North America, and includes The CFO Alliance and The CHRO Alliance.
Join the Network that has connected more than 8,000 Modern Finance and HR leaders representing middle and emerging enterprises from diverse industries and markets.
If you are an HR or financial leader with a need to connect to your peers and share ideas while learning best practices and market trends, visit us on the web at www.achievenext.com or check out our blog for more resources on how to take the next step in your journey.